Sunday, November 27, 2011

the playlist game

Vera Kate  started the playlist game. I am loving music and it's healing effects right now so i want to participate. I am definitely cheating though. Because it was really hard to pick only one song for so many of these i ended up choosing more ;P But it felt so good to revisit these songs and see how I respond to them now-a-days.
Thanks for starting this Vera!

01 | Your Favorite 
(at the moment, which changes every day or so) 
Tongue Tied- Group Love &
Perth (Remix)- Bon Iver


02 | Makes You Happy
Chan Chan- Buena Vista Social Club
Do Whaatcha Wanna- Rebirth Brass Band
Sleepyhead- Passion Pit

03 | Makes You Sad
Blood- The Middle East

04 | Reminds You of Someone
This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads


05 | Reminds You of Somewhere
White Hinterland- Icarus
St. Joseph's- The Avett Brothers


06 | Reminds You of a Certain Event
That Moon Song- Gregory Alan Isakov
Let Love Move Me- Donna the Buffalo


07 | You Can Dance To
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

08 | You Can Fall Asleep To
Thinking About You- Big Scary
Sleeping Diagonally- Iron &Wine

09 | From Your Favorite Band
Old Man - Neil Young
The Weight- The Band
Shelter from the Storm- Bob Dylan

10 | From Your Favorite Album
Way way way too many to choose from. So i'll just give you a soundtrack:
Garden State Soundtrack
Waiting LineNew SlangThe only living boy in New York


11 | Recently Discovered
Midnight City- M83 (awesome video, with super hero kids)

12 | An Unexpected Fave
Teenage Dream & Firework- Katie Perry

13 | Describes You
Joyful Girl- Ani DiFranco
Joyful Girl- Dave Matthews Band (Ani Cover)


14 | For When You’re Angry
Ocean Breathes Salty- Modest Mouse


15 | For When You’re Excited
(Last time i played music to get pumped up was Halloween... so these are sort of Halloween themed, and i was Alice because i fell through the rabbit hole this year into a new reality)
Wait You Waiting For, Gwen Stefani
Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs


16 | For When You’re Sad
Broken Chair - Chris and Thomas
White Sun- Dawn Golden and Rosy Cross


17 | To Be Played at Your Wedding
Dry Grass & Shadows -Alela Diane
Two - Ryan Adams


18 | To Be Played at Your Funeral
Naked as we came- Iron and Wine
Beautiful World - Colin Hay

Dream- Priscilla Ahn
Ashokan Farewell


19 | Makes You Laugh (warning: don't watch these if cursing offends you)
I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain
Great Day - The Lonely Island


20 | Your Favorite at This Time Last Year
Welcome Home - Radical Face
Boy Lilikoi- Jonsi
Sweet Sweet Heart Killer - Say Hi to Your Mom
Dog Days Are Over - Florence + the Machine


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I too love music. It heals my soul! You are a beautiful writer, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm sorry you don't have your boy with you! I too have the same thoughts, but it makes me feel more comfort when i read other blogs and connect to you in a way that most don't even understand!

    Molly Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Molly! I'm glad that you made your way here to my blog! I am sorry that you have experienced a similar loss. Stop by any time, i'd love to hear your thoughts and your story.
    Sending love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your music taste! What a cool game, have to try this out! (Heads will roll - had to youtube it totally forgot about that song and how much i love to dance to it!) Such a great blog lovely Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look some of these out as I see we have some similarities. I also love the Iron & Wine, Modest Mouse and Zero 7 tracks you've picked. Will have to play the ones I haven't heard as I'm sure I'll find plenty to like there! Also love Heads will Roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Katie Perry is also my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you decided to play, Laura! I so enjoy hearing what other people are listening to, and where it takes them. Fascinating. And I'm glad you cheated... it gave me that many more opportunities to discover new songs :)

    much love -- vera

    ReplyDelete