Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tests, tests, and more tests.

This may sound completely reckless of me.... as someone VERY high risk... but i don't want to run anymore tests.
I don't want to lose another baby either.
But what are the tests going to tell me exactly?

No matter what they say i am going to try to have another baby.
I think.

Not sure if i should just tempt statistics and fate and just plunge in without thinking twice or if i should allow the doctors to tell me more scary possibilities...
when the facts are, we don't know ANYTHING. Especially about pre-eclampsia.

all of these tests may help me, they may not....


anyways... i'm waiting on some test results and deciding if i want to continue with more testing or not....
things will continue to unfold.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. The tests don't always mean a whole lot. Sometimes they do, most of the time...they will tell you just how normal you are and how fucked you were for being a bad stat. Thats what all the tests told me. I think going with you best feeling is the best idea...especially since tests that might not tell you a whole lot happen to be expensive. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura. I ended up in the same position. With no reason why the twins arrived so horribly early. No matter how many tests they do, there are no guarantees, there is no test that can predict the future? That is where I ended up. And, like you, I knew that it was likely, no matter what the tests said, that I would try and have another baby.

    I didn't have many tests. I had MORE tests for why I couldn't fall pregnant again than I did for staying pregnant. And pre-eclampsia, from the very little I know, is woefully under-researched and not well understood.

    I'm just hoping for you and Jeff and Truman, that you will have another addition to your family xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a point where you can do ALL of that stuff, and the outcome will still be the same, whether it's good or bad. But it's hard to know where that point is, because obviously some tests are good and even necessary. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years of tests for why I couldn't get pregnant, and then why I couldn't stay pregnant. It's a lot. But I agree with Rachel, some tests are good and necessary.

    Sending love, strength and crossed fingers as things continue to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here sending love and support no matter what you decide. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to think that knowledge was power... the more I knew, the better equipped I was to deal with it... Now, not so much. For the sake of my sanity, I don't think I want any more tests either.

    Every time I get results, there seems to always be the same results: "we're not sure what to make of your results..."

    I'm wishing so much for a healthy pregnancy for you and a beautiful living child, nine months later.

    ReplyDelete