Monday, April 9, 2012

Phantom kicks

I still have my phantom kicks.... many today. 8 months post partum. Does anyone else still have them?
I never had these before Truman.
As strange of a phenomena it is, they make me kind of happy. it makes me think of all those precious kicks that i got out of my boy. I loved nothing more then my time with him.
Missing him always.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I got those... they are so bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang gas!!! I got them for the first couple months and now and then I will still get that feeling. But mostly after a dinner of broccoli. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had them for weeks after Seamus - they felt so, so real. I liked and hated them all at once. My hand would instinctively feel the spot where the kick was and then my heart would sink as it felt my soft empty belly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still get them sometimes, they scare me now though, remind me of how pregnancy is fraught with fear (because my rainbow baby is surely a rainbow, but getting there was hell).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sad, and oh so sweet. I know what you mean. I was very sick during my pregnancy and then nearly died, but I still want to go back and live it again so I can have more time with Molly. I loved feeling her kick--it was one of the most exquisite feelings in the world.

    I did experience phantom kicks, especially in that first month after Molly was born and died. At that time, I couldn't take it, it compounded my heartbreak. So I took a muscle relaxant that I had left over from my bicycle accident. (Big sigh.)

    Now, it's rare that I feel even a small ping. But just like when my milk came in, I was devastated, and then when it dried up, I was devastated and wanted it back. And I also cherish any way in which I can feel a real, physical connection to my baby. It hurts so good.

    Sending love and hugs to you, and thinking of sweet Truman. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I had phantom kicks for months after Elizabeth was born. Sometimes baby dragon's kicks even feel like phantom kicks from her big sister...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For weeks, I thought I was going crazy. Finally, I asked someone on my support board about it and they all said that it was real and I wasn't going crazy. Almost 9 months later, they are for the most part gone. Kinda makes me glad... but kinda makes me sad also.

    ReplyDelete