Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedding Planning

I need some advice from you guys about my wedding.
We are involving Truman in the ceremony and then again after dinner by releasing flying Chinese wish lanterns as a tribute and a way to include him.
I have a charm with his picture that will be attached to my bouquet.
For the ceremony we are going to have a candle with a picture of him on it and Jeff and i will light it together to symbolize the unity of our family, no matter where any of us are- in life or death.
I am not sure how to word him into the ceremony though.
Also i am looking to see if anyone else has ideas (little or big) on ways to incorporate him into our day.

This is most definitely a celebration, not a memorial, so maybe what i am doing is enough?

I don't know. I guess it will just never feel like enough.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I think those are nice ideas. But you're right... Celebration not memorial! At Daryl and I'd wedding we had a little table off to the side with flower petals and a photo each of his mother and my grandmother and left two chairs at the front open. In our ceremony we had our friend who was marrying us say how much they would have enjoyed the day and how we wish they were there to celebrate with us. Maybe 2 sentences. That was it. I think it was enough. This is about the two of you and your love. Whatever you feel is good will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a wonderful idea. I have to give this some thought and will get back to you with any ideas I can come up with... but I really just wanted to tell you how great of an idea I think this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't think it will ever feel like enough.

    I really like the subtle beauty of how you guys are already including him. It feels so appropriate.

    Love and peace to you as you think about this day without young Truman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be especially poignant without Truman no doubt... I love your idea about the lanterns -I think that will be really beautiful. It sounds like you have lots of good ideas, but if you wanted more, you could maybe include some music that you associate with Truman (you don't even need to explain it, it could be just a song that you two know the significance of). Or you could include flowers that remind you of him, or you could get his name and birthday engraved on the inside of your wedding rings - that way he's right there with you, at the very moment you get married. Again, nobody even needs to know that the engraving is there - what's important is that you two do, and that you feel you're involving him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ring engraving idea! Thank you, Aoife!

      Delete
  5. I think all of your ideas are just beautiful. I don't think you need anything else--what you already have planned will be perfect. However, if you're still looking for more ideas.... I always like things in writing. So you could have people right little messages to Truman in your guest signature book (if you're having something like that), or just write his name on something special. Just his name.

    I LOVE Aoife's idea of having Truman's name and birthdate engraved on the inside of your rings.

    Good luck with the wedding planning. It's fun, but it's also *stressful*! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those sound like beautiful ways to include him. You are right, though, it never seems like enough when that's all you have, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of having the rings engraved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the ideas you have are all very beautiful. I agree that they are "enough"- except that they could of course never really be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you friends <3
    I'll be sure to post the pics of what we end up doing to pay tribute to our T.

    ReplyDelete