many of my posts for the next month will be part of the class.
I welcome all new friends and thank you for walking along side me in this journey.
I keep my blog pretty as a free and pretty raw version of myself. My goal is not to offend anyone but to keep it real.
This is my reality, it may not be pleasant and it may not always be positive. But this place is always healing for me.
Thought I'd share a song that I just found.... i think the lyrics speak well for someone grieving.
Thank you for "keeping it real." If anyone dares to get offended by what you feel and what you say on your own blog - they should get lost and stop bugging you and quit reading it!
ReplyDeleteIf they aren't enduring your agony - and no one on earth knows the exact agony that you, through Truman's death, are being dragged through - then they should keep their trap shut. The last thing you need is advice or criticism, most especially from anyone who is trying to give cheap pointers when they clearly don't have a clue.
Thank goodness there are some grieving people (more easy to find on the internet than in real life, unfortunately) who do know this world you are describing - and who don't give dumb advice. They get it.
I just want you to have Truman. I hate that you don't. You hate it a billion, trillion times more than anyone else.
Your artwork is beautiful and honors your son.
Cathy in Missouri
I agree with Cathy. If someone doesn't like what they read, then they can just not read it. The loss of a child is SO personal. Even those of us that have lost a child and are walking the path with you, don't know what you feel because we all grieve and feel differently. We can only empathize with you. Nobody else can imagine what you are going through because they were never Truman's mom. Only you know how it feels to grieve and miss your son. Big hugs! I look forward to seeing your photographs.
ReplyDeleteI was a part of Beryl's first Illuminate class. You are going to love the class and amaze yourself every step of the way. Best of luck, I look forward to seeing some of (more of) your work.
ReplyDeleteKeeping it real and filled with raw emotions is the only way to go.
You guys are so amazingly supportive. I cherish you.
ReplyDeleteCathy, how do I follow your blog?
Laura - For now, I have no blog and am not on Facebook. I would not keep up with either one enough to make it worthwhile. I am happy to share an email, though, if you want it: pouzel (at) juno (dot) com.
ReplyDeleteYou would be amazed how many times I (and I'm sure, many others) think of you, Truman, your words, your pictures. I wish things were so different. It is lovely to "know" you, but the price is too high.
Truman, just saying your name is not enough. If only you could be here.
Cathy in Missouri
It is lovely to know you! i love what you say and the way that you think. I would love to hear your story.
ReplyDeleteI am truly grateful that even though you don't keep your own blog that you have found your way here.
Lots of love to you, Cathy.
Thank you for being warm and welcoming, Laura. I can already see that is typical of the person you are.
ReplyDeleteThis internet world is so odd, in some ways - connecting individuals who are much easier to relate to than many "in real life" (at least, for me).
Also, the reality that people are sharing the depths of their souls, sorrows, and hearts. Wanting to honor and respect and tread lightly on that sacredness - and also to let them know that their voices are heard and their words matter.
I worry that people will think I'm saying "I know them" or "I know exactly how they feel." No one can know that. The worst would be to add to anyone's pain.
Thank you for letting all of us know your son and you. I know it costs you. I do mourn Truman, so much, and I never have any illusions that my mourning for him holds a candle to yours.
Cathy in Missouri
That song is so beautiful Laura, thanks so much for sharing. I think it perfectly describes grieving. I'm so sorry Truman is not here with you, I know how much it hurts to have to find a way to get through every day without our babies. I like what you said about keeping your blog real. I often find myself not posting something because I'm afraid to offend someone. Maybe this month will change that! I look forward to this Illuminate journey with you!
ReplyDeleteExactly! I am so concerned with how my grief is effecting other people, all day, everyday, in my real life. this is a place where i can say whatever. When I just say what is true in my heart, thats when I get the best response from this community. Because most of us are feeling the same way and to be honest, there really isn't anything polite about losing a child.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that you don't have your Wilhelm too.
I can't wait to see you pics and read what you wrote for our first assignment.
sending you love Kristie!