He loves beets. Carharts. Warm sweaters that his mama knits him. The banjo and old tyme music. Snorkeling. Swimming. Hockey. The Buffalo Sabres. Gin and Gingerale's. Making home made Tru Jam (raspberry or fig jam). Gardening. Quilts. Antiques. Wild life. Trees and plants. His woman ;)
He builds unique and beautiful custom bookshelves.
When we lived in the FL Keys.
On our porch in the Keys.
Snorkeling at Bahia Honda State Park, FL Keys
Our favorite bar in New Orleans, Fritzel's
In the Bayou, we love the south
In the Arizona, one of our stops
The Sand Dunes at Mad River Beach, California
Water love. One of my favorite pictures of us.
We love the ocean.
Our family before Pilot and Truman.
Freddy's wedding.
His FIRST bookshelf...
an Eco friendly peg and hole type shelf, not one nail was used and no glue!
He makes me proud
All filled up!
Jeff and his amazingly awesome mother, Gail
Watching the sunset, thinking of Truman.
He is a sweet, caring, creative, loving, thoughtful, super funny, brave and strong father to our Truman.
Tomorrow is his first birthday as a father, his first birthday without his child, all in one.
His mother sent him a photo album full of picture of his life from birth until now. As i admired the love captured between him and his mother and flipped through his old memories, tears rolled down my face.
It wasn't just the sweet and cute baby pictures, it was the awkward and goofy teenager pictures too. How fun it was to be young, innocent, full of hope. All of that life offers you before you know what it feels like to lose a child.
The tears just wouldn't stop.
i was crying for Truman and I was crying for us.
Truman looks so much like Jeff. Which is a gift. I get to see parts of my son every day in my handsome partner. Looking through that album I saw both of them in each picture.
"I'll never get to send Truman a photo album like this," I thought to myself.
I am so grateful for my Jeff. I want to celebrate his existence in every way that I can. He gave me true love and he gave me Truman. and everyday he gives me comfort knowing that, yes, we have suffered a huge loss together, but I can always count on him for support, tons of the best love that I've ever known and a really really good hug.
Happy Birthday to mine Jeff. Even though you will probably never read this because you hate the computer, I want to tell the world that you are the best partner and father that any girl could ask for. We love you. xo













I just recently found you blog. I am sorry you have joined the club. This is a lovely post, you seem like a remarkable couple.
ReplyDeleteWhere would we be without our lovely men? I see so much of Seamus in John too - I'm so thankful for that. I hope that Jeff enjoys his birthday, although I know it will be very difficult without Truman... xx
ReplyDeletehappy birthday jeff! you guys have such a good thing, and some lovely pictures to prove it. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy bday to Jeff! I just noticed his Sabres hat--I live in Buffalo! Glad they could give him a win last night :)
ReplyDeletexo
That's why connected so quickly to your humor, Mary Beth!! Jeff and I are both born and raised in Buffalo, well Hamburg!! :D *sigh* home sweet home. Although we haven't been back for a visit in years. Hopefully we can make a trip this summer to see familiar faces.
ReplyDeleteI mentioned the UU church that I grew up in, my Dad took me mostly to the Hamburg one but sometimes we would venture out the amherst one too.
Thank you guys for wishing my Jeff a happy day. :)
Happy Birthday Jeff...but doesn't it seem empty too without your son? My bbirthday SUCKED ASS because my daughter was dead...celebrating fell so flat. I am glad you have eachother. It is something to be thankful for. I try and remind myself daily of all the things I am hankful for. Awesome bookcases too!
ReplyDeleteYup. It sucked. We ended up swapping feelings back and forth all day.
ReplyDeleteHe was crying and I was trying to stay positive and to get him going then next thing you know I'm crying and he's positive.
But we got through it, and today is a new day, full of its own intense and winding emotions.
Much love to you Renel <3
Happy Birthday! that post was beautiful...
ReplyDelete