Saturday, October 22, 2011

Babies at the Brewery


I was at a restaurant ( a Brewery to be precise) last night with Jeff and our friend Brian.
I swear, ever since Truman died, there are babies in my face all of the time. Last night, even Brian noticed by saying, "What the hell? Is it baby night or something?"
I was eating and I look up, and over Brian's shoulder is the biggest happiest baby face staring and smiling directly at me, slung over his grandmother's shoulder- who happened to be sitting right behind Brian.
It was such a huge slap in the face, one that almost shocked me, surprised me for sure. I almost threw up all over the table right then and there.
The grandmother turned around and looked at me and i looked away, unable to make eye contact. She picked up on it. Probably thought that I was rude for not smiling at her grand baby.
When their meal was over, she stood up and held the baby out towards Brian and Jeff and said "Byyye Byeee" in a baby voice.
Who does that?
Who literally shoves babies into the faces of other people?

I really do wish, on so many occasions, that there would be sign that would light up over our heads saying "Our 3 day old son just died."



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I avoid eye contact with babies and their proud owners all the time...sometimes, like you I too want to tell these ppl who show off their babies about my son who is dead and no more

    ReplyDelete